Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to hardwire my radar detector(V1)
Anybody with "electrical" manual on their MDX can point me which wire to tap under the dash? I peeked down there and there is a lot of bigger wires. I don't want to slice each of them for testing just the one that gets power when I turn the ignition on.
I don't plan on the fusebox solution right now because this could be easier.
Also the rear view mirror wires is another potential.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I can look up the diagrams in the service manual, but without knowing what kind of connection (current, always on, etc) it is impossible to give you a specific wire. (You may also need a headlight.dashlight connection?)

Send me a PM, and I can fax you back a schematic. If you can get me a description of the connection requirements, I can make a 'suggestion'

Ard

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cardingtr said:
I'm planning to hardwire my radar detector(V1)
I don't want to slice each of them for testing just the one that gets power when I turn the ignition on.
I just need wiring that is on when the ignition is on on position.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
There is around 20 or so pertinent pages. I figure either the DRL circuit, interior lights or interior power points.

I tried 4-5 times to fax and the number is a voice line.. when I explained I was trying to fax, the little girl said "OK" and hung up...

:) :)

Some secretary, huh?

Let me know-

Adam

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she's my little girl

probably my 6 yr old.

I am still trying to figure out how my FAx machine work to auto answer on fax tone. Maybe because its the cheapo ones.

I hard-wired my radar detector connecting it to rear-wiper fuse in driver side fuse box. Worked like a charm.

The only wires I can see is running from the radar detector to where I tuck it in on the roof where it meets the windshield. I run the wires under the door trim all the way down.

I will post the pics. It looks better than I expected.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Sounds good. Glad to hear you got it hooked up.

I gave up on the shared fax/phone line. Never could get it to work seamlessly. If the calling party is waiting for a fax acknowledge it doesn't work- the calling part must send a tone, then the receiver knows to answer.... anyway, not a problem.

Hope the radar detector keeps you "legal"...

Ard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts