Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I was ready to pick up my 2003 SS X, I got a call from the dealer, telling me that I have to wait another day or two, because the X is still being prepped! . :1pat: I don't know how much more I can take this. :1zhelp:

2003 SS MDX - still waiting !

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry you have to wait

One to two day prep time is fairly typical. Mine arrived at the dealer on 11/13 but was not ready until 11/15 in the evening. Hope you will sleep well knowing your ride will be ready in a few days. Good luck :29:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
2 days to prep? My 'X was in the dealer near the noon time and I picked it up that evening. But I didn't ask the dealer install any accessories on it. So maybe it takes few days for accessories installed if you did order.

Anyhow, only two days. You can wait for it. :2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
That sucks :mad:
I feel for you...can't wait for your pics!

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
I'm too surprised that it is taking so long to prep. Are you having them install any accessories? Most dealers want to get the vehicle in the proud owners hands asap so they can count it towards their quota. Hang in there....you are almost there?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
hammerX said:
Just when I was ready to pick up my 2003 SS X, I got a call from the dealer, telling me that I have to wait another day or two, because the X is still being prepped! . :1pat: I don't know how much more I can take this. :1zhelp: ...
Your almost there hammerX, the hard part is over... you now know where your X is. The Holiday time of year no doubt has many dealerships short handed. I wonder how many preps a skeleton crew can handle? Oh well. Hang in there:) :4:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The X arrived at the dealer on the 22nd of December, so all this waiting is really driving me nuts. It wouldn't be so bad, knowing that the X was still being built. But to wait this long, and then be told that it won't be ready until tomorrow, or even worse Monday is really unbelievable. I'm not impressed ! :3:

2003 SS MDX - and getting tired of waiting!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
2 days to prep seems too long. . .

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Tell him you'll be out of town until next month. . . you'll see, they'll make it get ready quicker.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Go there yourself and offer to lick it clean!:22:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
frostyra said:
Go there yourself and offer to lick it clean!:22:
Yuck! :13:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's funny! :D

It's not just the prep, but the install of the backup sensors, res, and rust spray. My problem, is that the sales people haven't a clue whats going on with my vehicle, and to make matters worse, I have to call and leave messages, and call again, just to find out what's going on with my X ! They don't even have the decency to keep me posted, or even return my calls. All I kept getting was "would you like his voice mail?" Give me a break. LOL ! :3:

2003 SS MDX - one day

·
Registered
7 Posts
Next time they ask if you'd "like his voicemail", do as a previous poster suggested. Just say "oh no thanks- I just wanted to let him know I'll be out of town from noon today until January 5th so no rush on the prep. You can tell him for me." Guaranteed you'll have your "X" by noon. If the "X" is on their lot Jan 1, they have to pay inventory tax on it in most states, plus they won't get to count it in this month's sales numbers.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
hammerx,

What kind of rust spray are you having added? I didn't think the X required anything additional besides what it comes with from the factory?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Undercoating. The winters here aren't bad, but they use a lot of salt, so I thought extra undercoating wouldn't hurt.

2003 SS MDX - still waiting :3:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know what you mean Hammerx , my Slate Grey was built on the 16th. I'm still waiting for delivery. I was told I would have it by Friday the 20th. Then I was told Monday the 23rd. Then Friday the 27th. Now they are just saying " any day now ".

I too am upset with the customer service provided thus far. I am the one who has to track down my salesman to see if it arrived or not. Would it kill him to try and keep me updated ? I mean c'mon...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(irdeboss) - Mine was built on the 16th as well. I have a strong desire to tell them that I'm going away, and won't be back for several weeks, hence I won't be able to pick it up. But this forum is torture, and at the same time, I want my X so bad. LOL :bonk:

2003 SS MDX - losing my patience waiting :3:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Set up camp in front of your salesman's desk, and bring your laptop, and tell him you are letting the rest of the world know how upset you are! :( C

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
2 days to prep?? :3: My MDX arrived at noon and I picked it up at 3 pm the same day with all the accessories in my sig installed! I saw the X when it came off the truck at noon (prior to dealer prep) & it was dirty, had plastic on seats, etc etc.

Bottom line - unless they have one prep guy with a bunch of cars sold needing prep - 2 say seems like a long time!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I envy you texrb. I could only imagine what it would be like to see my X roll off the truck, and drive off with it not too long afterwards. Sigh :(

2003 SS MDX - still waiting :3:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts