Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2014 MDX w/Entertainment and Navigation package. Within the past couple of weeks I've noticed I get an error message "unable to import call history" in my navi screen. It comes up AFTER I put the MDX into gear and will only go away after I click "OK". Once I've done that, each time I get a phone call, it comes up again so I have to click "OK" to get it off the screen.

I've tried disconnecting the phone (then I shut off the MDX, turned it back on and reconnected) but still get the error once I reconnect the phone. I have an iPhone 5, but I had it when I took delivery in January and didn't have the error as I mentioned until more recently.

I have already reported the issue to the dealership, but due to distance, I haven't been able to get the vehicle in for diagnostics. I saw on another website's forum another person had posted the same question earlier this month, but they've had no response yet.

Thoughts?? I've included a picture of the error.

(Apologies for the photo. It's not upside-down on my computer...)

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
worth a try if you haven't already... delete your phone from the car. Turn off/on car and add phone again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought I'd give an update to my last issue (since I'm now having another): I did delete my phone from the MDX's system, shut off, restarted and re-added my phone. I haven't had the error come up, but it lost my entire history.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just thought I'd give an update to my last issue (since I'm now having another): I did delete my phone from the MDX's system, shut off, restarted and re-added my phone. I haven't had the error come up, but it lost my entire history.
I had this error with navi v1.00. I deleted phones and re-paired, sometimes taking 15-20 minutes to do so.

I haven't had the issue with v2.0 (my hardware was replaced), but my phone was already paired when I got my car back, telling me that the Bluetooth module(s) is (are) separate from the navi system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This problem occurs sporadically with my 2017 Acura MDX and Samsung Galaxy s8+. When it occurs the icon on the screen of the phone battery is grayed out. If the battery icon shows the battery level on the phone after starting the car, the error doesn't occur. When it occurs it seems to occur twice before the batter level icon is populated. I wish there was a way I could diagnose what the problem is.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I get the same crap and gave up! I just use Siri to call. It works well if you have an Apple phone no idea for android.

It’s clunky because you have to hit transfer but everything “smart” is clunky. Same for pandora. Sometime it works other times I have to get it going first on my phone and then connect. And the allow and then unplug and then connect again. It’s ridiculous but once you know how to work it it works.

It’s my wife’s care but I drive the long distances and she doesn’t even bother trying to figure it out and listens to books on tape. I figure **** out and have figured out every nuance to this system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What worked for me was going into my Samsung phone settings, find the Bluetooth connection and go into the settings for that particular connection.

For me, every permission was given to the connection except for access to contacts. After checking that, disconnecting and reconnecting I was able to access my call history from the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem of no call history with my 2017 RDX. I think it happened when I updated the iPhone operating system. I had to delete the phone from the car, shut the phone off and back on and re-pair the phone. It then recognized my call history in contacts. As suggested above, be sure to allow “sync contacts” in your Bluetooth settings for the car.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Your phone interface actually works? Mine is so erratic I gave up on it. Call 111-234-5678. Calling 122-234-5688. No. Call 111-234-5678, Calling 111-123-4567. No call 111-234-5678, Sorry not a recognized function. Response please. Response please. Then I say Bye. That is an invalid response. Then I have to pull over, put the car in park, and turn it off, then start it again to clear the phone system which is hung. This happened both on my 2014 and 2015. The system is terrible. TERRIBLE. When I speak to the dealer they hate the system too because of all the complaints. Acura should be sued over it, and have to pay us all $$$$ for fraud, or buy the cars back at purchase price. It is probably less expensive than trying to fix it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just had this happen on my 2015 MDX. Also I couldn't connect via AcuraLink either. I think they were unrelated problems but I called Acura technical support and was back up and running in about 10 minutes.
AcuraLink required me to actually signout of the app then sign back in. Updates came through properly along with remote access features and being able to send addresses to the vehicle..
Unable to import call history. I deleted the existing iphone and then paired with it again. You have to go into the settings menu and ensure you have IMPORT CALL HISTORY checked.

Between these two things and turning the car on and off several times everything now works correctly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem and after reading your responses realized mine occurred after the phone updated as well. So per your advice, I shut off the Bluetooth, and sync contacts, and then turned both back on. And it worked!!! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was an IOS 13 update that caused the issue. I believe the only way to get rid of the annoying message is to unpair your phone and then re-pair from scratch- that is connect a new device not the one that you originally had as otherwise the message will come back. Probably different for android users.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts