Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if there is a thread already about this but I couldn't find it.

I purchased a 2017 Acura MDX last month and what I've noticed is that when I'm in my car and connected to bluetooth, I get text message alerts on my GPS screen (I have it setup to receive alerts). However, what annoys me is that I don't hear any sounds on my phone itself. Like for example, when I get a text message that has a video, when I play the video, I can't hear it through the phone or my car's speaker. I tried to play with the car settings and bluetooth settings but that didn't solve it. Anyone experience this and know the solution?

Thank you,
Rebecca

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Have you tried changing the audio source to bluetooth to hear the video through the speakers? Also, if you are playing audio and you want to hear it on your phone, I believe you need to go into your wifi settings and disconnect from the car's wifi signal.

In terms of hearing the beep through the hone as well as receiving the message notification on the nav screen, I know at least with my iPhone, notifications usually only come in one spot. For example, if I have my apple watch on, I so not also get noticed on the phone of an incoming message.

Im only two weeks into my 2017 MDX,and it is also my first go around with an Acura, but the above is what i have noticed so far.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.