Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
detail work using strictly meguires.This picture taken with an Olympus Digital Cam. Notice the reflection of my neighbors house across the street.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MY MDX has BLUE Eyes

This pic was inspired because of the way the blue bulb for my highs gave my MDX the "Blue Eye" Effect during the day. Makes it look different from other MDXes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Nice pictures. Those S/S side steps look sharp with the Black X. Did you install yourself?

I just did the Zaino thing (3 coats in less than a week) but your X looks just as good, actually better with the side steps. The side steps have now moved to #1 on my wish list.

What have you found to be effective and easy to keep the dust off your Black X between washings?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Those got to be Maniks! I have an extra set sitting in my garage waiting for a prepaid shipper to go back to vendor.
I wonder what the statute of limitations are on my recieving merchandise in error?
I may have a very nice set to sell cheap.

And pray tell, Fireblade...how did you get that un-Zaino shine?
And the sun is shining brightly in my hometown I see... will be down in a few weeks. Flying though....
What part of SD is that? So many good parts!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
DaleB said:
I may have a very nice set to sell cheap.

Drop me a line if it comes to that, I'm interested. Live in S Oregon, shipping should be cheap..

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Yeah, let it lay for week or 2. I paid $387.32 total w/ shipping. They are shipped from socal, so the shipping cost should be close to the same.
Where in Oregon are you? We may retire in Salem someday.
This company (gogrilleguards.com) is really squirrely they are liable to do something stupid.
In any case you have first choice.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BaldEagle said:
Nice pictures. Those S/S side steps look sharp with the Black X. Did you install yourself?

I just did the Zaino thing (3 coats in less than a week) but your X looks just as good, actually better with the side steps. The side steps have now moved to #1 on my wish list.

What have you found to be effective and easy to keep the dust off your Black X between washings?
Yes I installed the Maniks myself. It is pretty self explanatory.

As for keeping the dust off of the black MDX between washings, I use soft water to wash the vehicle instead of hardware. That helps somewhat a bit. This is kinda obsessive and sick in a way but after the three two to three step waxing process, I spray the vehicle again under a cool conditions using softwater so that the static from waxing will not attract to the paint surface. I then wipe it down with the ABSORBER. This I find help to keep the dust off longer.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And pray tell, Fireblade...how did you get that un-Zaino shine?
And the sun is shining brightly in my hometown I see... will be down in a few weeks. Flying though....
What part of SD is that? So many good parts! [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow you will have a great time here in San Diego then. I did not know that you are originally from here. I live in the Carmel Valley, East Rancho Penasquitos area. It is near where the new developement area is where the 56 freeway will pipe the I-5 and I-15.

As for using Meguiars, I use a three step process for the waxing. Depending on my cycle, I use the deep polishing wax and then step three which is the carnauba wax for protection and seal. If the paint surface has imperfections on it, like bird droppings, bug sprays, I would first use the step number one which is the wax cleaner wax, then the deep gloss polish and then the carnauba wax and later finish the surface off with de-ionized softwater to get rid of the static field that the metal paint surface creates after polishing. This will help accelerated dust accumulation on the surface and also prolong the shine. The line of Meguiars I use is Professional. The Gold series work just as well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Fireblade - where did you get the "type S" emblem for the MDX? I know there is no "type S" made - so I thought it was interesting to see that on yours. Very nice shine too :D

DaleB - I lived in Salem from 1981 - 1985. I 'm sure it's changed since then, but it's a great town to live in & retire. Only an hour to PDX airport, and 1.5 hrs to coast or mountains.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The S Type Emblem

TexRb-

I purchase the S Type for my X at a Local Acura dealer. HAHA...I put it on there just for fun. GatorGreg did it on his black MDX and I thought it looked kinda cool so I decided to purchase one for mine. :D :2:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks Fireblade6 - that "type S" does look cool :5:

·
Registered
173 Posts
SD!!!?!?!

Greetings FireBlade:

I'm tryin to relocate out to SD. If it's okay I'd love to chat with you about SD. My AIM is RHp6Gd.

Keep MDXin'

Dubbed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts