Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I imported my MDX into the UAE in 2010. I am lucky that there is a Honda dealership here that does the services, as no one has heard of Acura. In fact when first registering my car with insurance I had to show the agent on the web what an MDX was.

My concern here is the airbags. All the dealership will do is disconnect and not replace them. They state they cannot get them for my model. The car runs amazingly well, and I'd hate to give her up just because of the airbag recall, but with summer temperatures well above 110F on average with very high humidity, I am worried about continuing to drive the car. As I understand it, if I am involved in an accident and the airbags deploy they could also shoot pieces of metal throughout the inside of the car, and this goes for any airbag that deploys. Is there also a possibility of the airbags self-deploying because of the heat and humidity? I wouldn't sell the car to someone knowing this, and really don't want to just abandon/junk her. What would you do?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
You can in theory get the Part Number for the new Air Bag replacements and import them too to get them swapped.. Obviously at your expense because I don't think they will honor the recall now that the vehicle is in another continent.. In any case you can try your luck? Call Acura:

By Phone

(800) 382-2238 toll free

Monday through Friday

6:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Pacific Time

By Email

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Once the vehicle is exported, all warranties through American Honda are null and void. Being a pyrotechnic device, they cannot be shipped on passenger aircraft either. I'm not sure there's a way around all of this, but as skirmich posted, it's worth a phone call.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts