Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
The 14-20 3rd Gen MDX only had spares for the 3.5L sh-awd models. The fwd and hybrid version had an air compressor and fix-a-flat goo. The +22 MDX probably followed the same?

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,538 Posts
So what trims do come with the spare already and which don't?
The spare comes standard with the base MDX with SH-AWD, the Technology MDX with SH-AWD, the A-Spec, and the Advance. The base MDX with FWD and the Technology MDX with FWD come only with a tire repair kit. The Type-S and Type-S Advance don't come with a spare but they come with self-sealing run-flat tires.

·
Registered
22 Type S Advance Apex Blue/Ebony
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice! Thinking about doing the same. Have you noticed any difference on how the car drives?
I haven't noticed any difference. I did not weigh it, but I'd guess its around 35-40lbs. There is an old school rule of thumb for drag racing (1/4 mile) - that 100lbs is worth about 1/10 second.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I added a tq wrench, breaker bar, nylon lug nut remover, tire bag, and a full size spare to my 11 MDX Adv with 20" rims and 19 MDX hybrid. I live out west with posted speed limits of 75-80 mph and you can be 2-4 hours from a tire shop. Donuts are only good for 50 mph and 70 miles max.

·
Super Moderator
2,271 Posts
So what trims do come with the spare already and which don't?
Other than FWD and Type S MDXs, all other SH-AWD trims comes with spare tires. FWD comes with Tire repair kit and Type S has self healing tire.

·
Registered
22 Type S Advance Apex Blue/Ebony
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How did you get the trim panel detached to screw in the jack straps?
take a look at step 10. There’s one screw to remove and I grabbed the edges from the openings in the middle to pull the trim to undo the snaps. I removed the fuse box cover too to pull there too.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts