Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So these showed up today! The placement for the Type S badge on the grille is a 5 inch area. The A-Spec badges are 6 inches and should mount fine. Throw some adhesion promoter on the A-Spec badge and that thing won’t go anywhere Once you place it on the grille.

The grille surround is able to be ordered in the necessary color that matches the color of your car - no body shop necessary.

OEMAcuraParts.com
Enter 71122-TYA in parts search and press enter. From there you’ll see a list of the grille surround with the paint codes in asterisks

Type S open mesh grille painted gloss black is part number 71121-TYB-A00. This does not have a camera cutout for Advance models with the 360 camera system. I‘ve been unable to track down the part number for the camera cutout - it must have a slightly different naming convention.

White Luggage and bags Automotive exterior Bag Tints and shades
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive lighting Rectangle

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance, Majestic Black Pearl, Full Nose PPF, Clear Plex windshield, Ceramic Coated.
112 Posts
That painted trim would look much nicer!

I have black car with chrome trim. Not sure if black painted trim would make any difference.

Is the A-Spec grill the same as the Type-S? Are they both thru-and-thru diamond grill (however you want to describe it). I think I like the emboss gloss black diamond better but it catches alot of bugs.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree, the painted trim definitely steps it up a notch in my eyes. But there’s a lot of people out there who love the contrast too.

The A-Spec grille is a “matte black” (although it really just looks like unfinished ABS plastic to me). I am going to find out if I’m partial to the gloss black diamond grille, or the open-diamond Type S grille. I honestly think I’m leaning toward the gloss black diamond, but I’ll be able to tell once I can see them both installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts