Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is from MotorTrend.com. Could be the next two door MDX.

"Acura RD-X
Targeted to meet the needs of youthful urban professionals, the Acura RD-X concept vehicle combines the street performance of the RSX sports coupe with the four-wheel-drive capability of the MDX, all while adding high-tech functionality. Power is supplied by a unique high-output 250-hp/2.4-liter DOHC four-cylinder I-VTEC engine that works in conjunction with an Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system, via six-speed clutchless manual transmission. To allow quick and easy loading of bulky gear, the RD-X has unusual doors that open on the side and in the rear to provide the largest possible opening into the vehicle. Meanwhile, a heads-up display shows important information (speed, fuel level, warning lights) onto the windshield to help keep the driver's eyes on the road."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction: it has 4 doors

It does have 4 doors, but it's a bit smaller than the MDX.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
It's not going to be a replacement for the MDX, but another vehicle in the lineup. Believe it or not, according to my sources it should be almost exactly the same as the pics you've all been seeing. Scheduled for '03.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tim, Say it ain't so!

The first words that come to mind are "butt ugly" and "pontiac aztek". Must be middle age slapping me in the face.

I guess beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree

toby267 said:
The first words that come to mind are "butt ugly" and "pontiac aztek". Must be middle age slapping me in the face.

I guess beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder!
Gotta agree w/ ya. Maybe I'd need to see it in person, but so far it has ZERO appeal here. My first thought was 'yuk'!! To each is own!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Pontiac Aztek is beyond "BUTT UGLY"... it falls under it's own catagory of just "BUTT!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts