Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took so long to post, but it's been a pretty busy week.

My two babies:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Oh my God, the DENTS?!

You've got to train'em to stay OFF the roof and hood!!!

Nice pics! How long did it take for you to do the moldings?:eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Oh my God, the DENTS?!

deltajetfixer said:
You've got to train'em to stay OFF the roof and hood!!!

Nice pics! How long did it take for you to do the moldings?:eek:
Jenny only weighs 60 pounds.

I was too scared to do the moldings myself so I gave them to a local stereo/accessory shop this morning. They charged me $22 --said it took them 1/2 hour because they had never done them before, and wanted to make sure they were straight.

Dawn

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Please post the pics once you have the Maniks installed. I want to see how they look on the SS. With the side moldings you ahve almost exactly what I want. I'm still waiting for mine to come in Feb...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
That's a beautiful house by the way!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great! The first SUV with moonroof seating ;)

Steve...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MDXtrous said:
Please post the pics once you have the Maniks installed. I want to see how they look on the SS. With the side moldings you ahve almost exactly what I want. I'm still waiting for mine to come in Feb...

Thanks
Sure thing, I will supposedly have them in about two weeks, but I'm not holding my breath. A couple of weeks ago I found a local truck dealer who said he could get them in three days but he wanted $420 plus tax (no shipping). I really wanted the Maniks so I told him to go ahead and get them. He charged my credit card $200. I get a call two days later from the guy, and he tells me that he was wrong and he has no idea when he will get them. I was really ticked, but he returned my deposit.

Then the stereo/accesories store people said they could get them in about two weeks for $350, so I told them to let me know when the Maniks were available -- no deposits this time.

Then the day before yesterday the original truck dealer calls me to tell me that the steps arrived. He still wanted $420 for them, and told me that I had to wait an hour and a half if I wanted him to install them (an extra $50) Since the truck store was 30 minutes away, and he wouldn't budge in price I told him to forget it. The stereo store is only five minutes from my house, so I'll wait the extra couple of weeks.

That's probably a lot more than you wanted to know :D

Dawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Dawn Gordon
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing