Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had Weathertech in other vehicles and Husky as well. No complaints, but I thought I'd try these. They are not as hard as weathertech but not as flexible as husky.. In between the two for flexiness, , but squishy and soft where you see the raised humps.

I like that they cover the dead pedal and also fully under the gas pedal. I had the oe winter mats and they left a huge unprotected area by the gas pedal. They go way up the side wall where the shifter is, but I think could be higher and over the door still on the door side.

In the rear, I like that they come all the way up the 'wall' and protect right under the handle that moves the seat back and forth.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the review and the pics. Its nice to see that there are more options out there for floor liners.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the kids (16 years old) from my daughter's basketball team was in the back today and said, "You have leather mats back here? Fancy."

They're not leather, but I do think they look more upscale than
Weathertech or Husky.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
They're not leather, but I do think they look more upscale than
Weathertech or Husky.
Do they look different in real life, compared to the pictures?

In the pictures they look "cheap" and I would say the Weathertech and genuine Acura mats are better looking. But I understand sometimes pictures don't capture things as we see them through our own eyes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they look different in real life, compared to the pictures?

In the pictures they look "cheap" and I would say the Weathertech and genuine Acura mats are better looking. But I understand sometimes pictures don't capture things as we see them through our own eyes.
Yes, they look better in real life. Lol. I should take pictures with my Nikon DSLR instead of my 3 generation old cell phone.

I've had Weathertech (find the hard plastic is cheap looking), Husky seemed nicer by virtue of being more rubbery / flexible, and I also had the Acura mats in my 2014 (the liners, not just the rubber winter mat). The Acura ones looked good (I like the MDX emblem), but were totally useless for slush and snow (maybe spring, summer and fall, they'd be acceptable, but their protection left a lot to be desired).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This video ((which is not me) and in a Subaru STI)) maybe shows the quality a bit better...??

·
Registered
391 Posts
interesting.

i like the second row mats--especially the lip that goes under the bench seats.

the Weathertechs that i have are so protective on the perimeter; the edges like to fold over.

Right now. i am using old t-shirts to protect the carpet under the bench seats on the second row. this way, when the kids use it as a step to get into their car seats. the carpet doesnt get too dirty. of course the shirts move as they step in and out.

i wonder the pricing for just the second row alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts