Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Turning off Memory Settings?

11K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mrgold35 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 MDX. The two memory settings for seats, steering wheel, and mirrors, are set for my wife and I. My daughter and son in law are using my MDX to go on a trip for a few days, and he's a bit taller than I...I'm 5' 9", and he's 6' 3". Everytime he uses my car, he has to reset the seating position, mirrors, steering wheel, etc., everytime he comes back to the car after locking it. I know this gets more than a bit irritating for him. I know there's a way to turn off the memory settings so that he can just adjust everything to his liking, and it will stay there throughout this trip, but my question is...if I turn off the memory settings while they are using my car, will the settings that I have in there now be saved, and still there when I turn it back on? Anyone have any experience with this?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Can't he just adjust the seat/mirrors to his liking, press the "set" button, and press either Driver 1 or 2 button to lock in the memory setting for him since he will using the MDX exclusively for a few days?

I think you can unlink the keys if you hold both the lock and unlock button at the same time. Do the reverse to re-link. I've never tried this and not 100% sure if it will work the 1st time or if any beeps or lights show a successful execution? Last choice would be to disconnect the battery for a little bit and that will wipe out the memory seat settings and make the seat, steering wheel, radio presets, and side mirrors 100% manual (make sure you have your navi/radio code handy).

Both he and my daughter will be driving it for the next few days, and she has already set her preferences in Driver 1, and I have my preferences set in Driver 2, and do not want that wiped out...it took me a while to find the ideal seat and steering wheel combination, and I don't want to lose that, so overriding my setting in Driver 2 is a definite no-no. There is a way to shut off the memory settings via the Maintenance Minder, but I just wondered if turning it off would wipe any settings that were already there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.