Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been noticing every time i pull into a driveway or a plaza from the street turning right, my rear right tire feels vague and seems to feel like its in the air. After I complete my right turn, the rear right feel like it drops down causing the the mdx to sway and rock. My wife keeps telling me I am likely hitting the curb, but fairly certain as I am turning late into the opposing lane already. Any ideas? Am I the only one?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There's a TSB for 2014 MDXs relating to noise/buzzing/possible steering quirkiness when doing slow speed tight turns. A software update fixes it. If you have a 2014 you might want to check on that with the dealer - best if you have the TSB number in hand since the SAs aren't always that swift.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Hi, I have been noticing every time i pull into a driveway or a plaza from the street turning right, my rear right tire feels vague and seems to feel like its in the air. After I complete my right turn, the rear right feel like it drops down causing the the mdx to sway and rock. My wife keeps telling me I am likely hitting the curb, but fairly certain as I am turning late into the opposing lane already. Any ideas? Am I the only one?

Thanks!!
Why not check it out with your wife?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt want to include the wife and make her think there is a problem with the car, or have if implanted that there might be one. Its not a steering buzz or noise its pretty specific when i'm sharp turning into a driveway or ramp of a plaza from the street. If im heading straight into the ramp the car is fine, but at an angle it feels off... Probably tell the dealer on the next visit or soo ...ill see...

·
Registered
57 Posts
What's the recommended tire pressure for the advanced awd. I have it at 33 all four tires is that a good pressure to keep it on?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
35 psi cold and 80 ft lbs for the lugs. Tire pressure is more or less up to you for fine tuning, if you even care. Some people run less pressure in the drive wheels to add more grip to those wheels.

As for the lifted rear corner feeling on turns, check a few things like the sway bar end links to make sure they're not loose, though they generally knock if they are. But stiffer sway bars can prevent corners from dropping to the pavement, which is why off-roaders disconnect them during crawls. Ultimately, it just sometimes has to do with the angle of ramps too. Just be glad our chassis don't have weak enough welds to break after driving up and down ramps like Hyundais do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts