Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed out the brake lights in my '06 MDX, and that turned on the brake light warning light. I believe this is due to the lack of power draw, leading the computer to think there is a bulb burned out. I found articles on replacing the brake light relay switch, and even ordered one. Now, I have no clue where the stupid thing goes!!!

I have searched high and low for any sort of photo/diagram of where this is located. I *think* it might be on the back side of the driver side fuse box, but after spending a couple of hours trying to get to it, I gave up (and in the process, broke the driver side power window). I am pretty sure I can just disconnect/reconnect the wiring harnesses and it will resolve that, but I still can't find where the relay switch goes. Any help is REALLY appreciated.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
^ Most likely..
OP you don´t need to change the relay if you installed LEDs, You need inline resistors. My 07 did the same (Hiper-Fashing) when I went with the Philips LEDs for the Turn Signal.. Cheap el Autozoone Inline Resistors did the trick..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts