Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im brand new to the group I just bought an '09 the other day. The steering column is driving me crazy how do you turn off the auto feature when the key goes in and out? Or can you? thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Inside the Dashboard menu in the Keyless Fob Settings.. There is the "Auto-Tilt" setting which you can turn on or off.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Inside the Dashboard menu in the Keyless Fob Settings.. There is the "Auto-Tilt" setting which you can turn on or off.
Excellent. I like the feature but at 106K it doesn’t always work right & I just know it’s going to break before 2K (& I’m sure it’s expensive &/or difficult to repair). I want to turn it off as auto so it will get much less use & last longer. Thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Excellent. I like the feature but at 106K it doesn’t always work right & I just know it’s going to break before 2K (& I’m sure it’s expensive &/or difficult to repair). I want to turn it off as auto so it will get much less use & last longer. Thanks!
Maybe just set the steering wheel all the way in and reset the programming for your key on the door. Once that is done it will not move because it's not programmed to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That’s not a bad concept. Perhaps I’ll just set both keys to my wife’s position as she drives it more. It still means I’ll have to telescope it everytime on a family trip but I guess that’s less or I could just reset it for trips where I’m driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts