not be ready for the low thirties price point (more like 22-26k
range)

3. The rear wheel drive argument is another point I ponder as well,
I recommend waiting to see what the 04 or 05 NSX has in store

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lets hope that it will at least have 200 hp. I have heard that only a four cylinder would be offered. Otherwise, it's a beautiful car.

2003 SS MDX - still waiting :3:

·
Registered
619 Posts
not to change topics already, BUT, have u heard anything on the next gen NSX.:D

the TSX looks good. i think its smart of honda to offer a smaller/sportier version of the accord. I know a lot of people who didn't like the 98+ honda accords b/c they were too big.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Edmunds First Drive on the 2004 TSX:

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/92558/article.html?tid=edmunds.h..reviews..3.*

A bit disappointing that while the engine puts out a very nice 200 horsepower @ 6800 rpm, it only puts out 166 lbs/feet torque @ a high 4500 rpm. That's only 5 more pounds than the 4-cylinder in the U.S. Honda Accord. Sounds like it really needs to be gunned to get a lot of power out of it.

It's definitely on the small side. Rear legroom and trunk room is on par with an Audi A4. I know Acura doesn't want this to be U.S.-Accord-sized, but A4-sized might be a little tight.

On the plus side, sounds like Acura has put really good handling into it. The manual transmission sounds solid and would get the best ouf of the engine. Equipment level sounds really good. Reliability should be excellent in the long run, at least very good in the first year, I'd think.

Should be a good vehicle, dependent on the final price. E.g. will it be on the low range of $25k-$30k, or on the higher range?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts