Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yay! A cure for the blanking upper screen I get when I'm parallel parking!

TSB 16-048 - Audio-Navigation System Update for Upper Screen Going Blank
Applies To: 2016 MDX - 2WD Tech, Tech-Ent, ADV, ADV-Ent - From VIN 5FRYD3...GB000000 thru 5FRYD3...GB011547
2016 MDX - AWD Tech, Tech-Ent, ADV, ADV-Ent - From VIN 5FRYD4...GB000000 thru 5FRYD4...GB037480

Attachments

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Looks like the judder TSB (16-044: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-third-generation-mdx-2014-present/91865-tsb-s-2014-mdx-4.html#post1185513) for 2014-2015 MDXes has been updated and replaced with two TSBs for 1) solving the judder permanently and 2) solving the judder again if the "permanent solution" didn't work the first time lol!

TSB 16-062 - 2014–15 MDX: Judder from the Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch
Applies To: 2014-15 MDX - ALL - ALL

TSB 16-063 - 2014–15 MDX: Judder from the Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch After Software Update
Applies To: 2014-15 MDX - ALL - Check the iN VIN status for eligibility

Attachments

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I only have 29K miles on the MDX, I bought it from private seller, so am I covered under warranty?
Original factory warranties should transfer. Not knowing when it was originally bought though will hinder you from figuring out the end date of the warranties, although Acura Client Relations should have that on record somewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Finally got TSB15-054 Transmission shifting issue fixed. What a big difference when the car is shifting, it is much smoother. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have a 14 Advance. I've had many of the TSBs applied, but not the transmission ones.

What is a good way to describe the transmission judder to the wife so that she can be looking out for it? She drives the MDX more than I. I did drive it to Dallas last weekend and noticed nothing. However, I have noticed on occasion a rougher than normal shift into reverse. A kind of heavy klunk when we move the shifter from park to R.

thanks

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
We have a 14 Advance. I've had many of the TSBs applied, but not the transmission ones.

What is a good way to describe the transmission judder to the wife so that she can be looking out for it? She drives the MDX more than I. I did drive it to Dallas last weekend and noticed nothing. However, I have noticed on occasion a rougher than normal shift into reverse. A kind of heavy klunk when we move the shifter from park to R.

thanks
The tachometer needle should bounce around. Can't remember if at idle or low speed or both.

·
Registered
112 Posts
2014 MDX tech fwd 22k miles bought in Jan 2014...
So when taking a right turn at an angle I hear a sound as if tire is rubbing against some thing....can't figure out from side left or right the noise is coming and this happens when I start turning right.
Plz guide if this is under one of the TSB's for 2014 as my car will soon be out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
^^ If you can easily replicate the noise just take the vehicle to the dealer, demonstrate the noise, and have them fix the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer was not aware of TSB 16-035 for the Rear Suspension Noise - I had it in last year because of the noise and they basically told me that's the way it is.... I printed the TSB and took it in with my vehicle this time and they agreed to do the work.

I just got my 2015 MDX Advance back from the TSB repair. I previously avoided driving the vehicle unless I was taking the dog to the park (I have 3 others vehicles). The difference is simply amazing - no clunking at all - it sounds like a different vehicle and I'm no longer thinking of trading the MDX. If you have rear suspension noise you definitely need to get 16-035 done immediately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased used 2016 Tech, 23k miles, manufactured in Mar 2015. Heard the clunk after a few days. Unit is at the dealership right now, asked them to complete B16-035 and download the latest transmission software. Seems a little sluggish accelerating from a stop, but very smooth after that, hoping for some improvement. The new 2016 I test drove did not behave the same way. Hopefully these updates will take care of both issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the MDX I bought

Purchased used 2016 Tech, 23k miles, manufactured in Mar 2015. Heard the clunk after a few days. Unit is at the dealership right now, asked them to complete B16-035 and download the latest transmission software. Seems a little sluggish accelerating from a stop, but very smooth after that, hoping for some improvement. The new 2016 I test drove did not behave the same way. Hopefully these updates will take care of both issues.
My dealer had my MDX for four days. Had to order B16-035 parts, they installed them and now the suspension clunk is gone. Asked them to complete the transmission software download which they did. Jury is still out on that one but it was not horrible before the download so I'm good either way. Anyway, very pleased with the rear suspension update, its performing the way it should be performing, no clunk. I've owned a dozen Honda's the last 15 years, this is my first Acura. I waited a couple of years for the 9 speed to settle in. Probably did not wait long enough but I'm liking my MDX more and more everyday. The suspension issue was disappointing for sure but they addressed it, no questions asked.

Let the love affair begin...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Here's one to address a ticking noise from the dash or the front damper on 2014s and 2015s (although, I swear I have this on my 2016). Apparently the body paint is sticking to the upper mount, causing it to creating a ticking noise. The fix includes a stiffener that essentially secures the upper mount against the body (so, basically they're somewhat loose in stock form).

TSB 13-039 - Ticking from the Dashboard or Front Damper
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B13-039.PDF
http://techinfo.honda.com/Rjanisis/p...nu/B13-039.PDF

Attachments

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Looks like I accidentally forgot to post 16-048, which is supposed to solve the upper screen going blank when you go into reverse. Had the fix done myself and it did indeed resolve the problem, but it still has the screen brightness issue.

TSB 16-048 - Audio-Navigation System Update for Upper Screen Going Blank
Applies To: 2016 MDX - 2WD Tech, Tech-Ent, ADV, ADV-Ent - From VIN 5FRYD3...GB000000 thru 5FRYD3...GB011547
2016 MDX - AWD Tech, Tech-Ent, ADV, ADV-Ent - From VIN 5FRYD4...GB000000 thru 5FRYD4...GB037480

Also, a new one for all MDXes, where our center console buttons start getting stuck.

TSB 17-008 - Buttons Sticking on Center Switch Panel/Interface Dial (Day/Night, SETTINGS, NAV, AUDIO, or others)
Applies To: 2014–17 MDX - ALL - ALL

As always, thank EE4Life over at Azine for these.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
judder gone, for now

Looks like the judder TSB (16-044: http://www.mdxers.org/forums/94-third-generation-mdx-2014-present/91865-tsb-s-2014-mdx-4.html#post1185513) for 2014-2015 MDXes has been updated and replaced with two TSBs for 1) solving the judder permanently and 2) solving the judder again if the "permanent solution" didn't work the first time lol!

TSB 16-062 - 2014–15 MDX: Judder from the Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch

TSB 16-063 - 2014–15 MDX: Judder from the Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch After Software Update
Applies To: 2014-15 MDX - ALL - Check the iN VIN status for eligibility
Took the wife's '14 in last Friday and had the Tranny software update and Tranny fluid change completed per the above TSBs (under warranty). The acceleration is smoother and the tach is no longer jumping and the judder/slipping feel is gone, for now. Hopefully the tranny fluid will not continue to degrade at a higher rate than normal but, the Service writer did say, Acura recommends changing the transmission fluid sooner in our operating environment (South Western Pennsylvania) compared to what is within the Maintenance Minder. I will probably DIY tranny fluid 3x change every 15,000 miles from here on out for piece of mind.
I got used to doing it on my '06 MDX.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine is 2014 tech FWD, is here a link or list for all/any TSB's applicable.
I know dealer will only fix if I can show or present them the issue.
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 133 Posts
About this Discussion
132 Replies
39 Participants
manera
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing