Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had the TSB done on my 2017 yesterday. I'm excited to see what happens after the 500 miles. Since I bought it used with 56k on it I haven't enjoyed the delayed throttle response from a dead stop. If this update doesn't solve the throttle lag I'm going to look into some other throttle adjustment options

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys after about 250 miles the MDX is back to performing poorly no matter what the driving mode is. Delayed acceleration rough shifting.... so much for the TSB.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Guys after about 250 miles the MDX is back to performing poorly no matter what the driving mode is. Delayed acceleration rough shifting.... so much for the TSB.
You still got 250 miles left. That's how my MDX felt but it went back to normal. Ask another dealer to redo the TSB in 250 miles.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I currently am driving a rental 2020 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2.4L (find the thread here about my MDX getting involved in a rear end) with the same ZF 9-spd and for some reason it shifts way smoother than the MDX. But granted, its a pos FCA product, so there's a huge lack of power and took ages to downshift to accelerate on the highway. This harsh upshifting is only isolated with Honda/Acura products as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So has anyone done the TSB update AND installed the VCMtuner? Just bought a 2018 MDX with 30k miles and took to local dealer for the update; was thinking about going ahead and installing the VCMtuner but if the update takes care of it I'll just save the money.

·
Super Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
So has anyone done the TSB update AND installed the VCMtuner? Just bought a 2018 MDX with 30k miles and took to local dealer for the update; was thinking about going ahead and installing the VCMtuner but if the update takes care of it I'll just save the money.
I have the VCM tuner 2, but removed it after the update, as I found it wasn’t necessary. Before this update, I found that the underlying shift patterns and discrepancies with throttle cut out were exacerbated by the VCM.

Though the delayed throttle response and slow downshifting is still a problem at times, it is completely livable with this update in place, if still far from responsive-feeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update completed yesterday and is much better...will see how it goes over the next month.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts