Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It's been 3 months since I bought 2016 MDX and we did not have much rain so I did not notice but the other day, when it was raining, my wiper did not work. I made sure that the wiper was on Auto. Is there anything else that I have to turn on at system settings or else? If not, what can I do for trouble shooting before I take my car to dealership for repair?

Your support will be appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hi,

It's been 3 months since I bought 2016 MDX and we did not have much rain so I did not notice but the other day, when it was raining, my wiper did not work. I made sure that the wiper was on Auto. Is there anything else that I have to turn on at system settings or else? If not, what can I do for trouble shooting before I take my car to dealership for repair?

Your support will be appreciated!

Thanks.
You need to more specific. Did the wipers not work at all? Or just auto? Make sure you're in auto. One click down from off. Which is the highest position the stalk will stay in. Then make sure you have adjusted the sensitivity. Then with the car running either drop a bucket of water,or run a hose on the windshield. This should tell you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to more specific. Did the wipers not work at all? Or just auto? Make sure you're in auto. One click down from off. Which is the highest position the stalk will stay in. Then make sure you have adjusted the sensitivity. Then with the car running either drop a bucket of water,or run a hose on the windshield. This should tell you.
Wipers work but not on "Auto". I sprayed and poured water over the windshield when I washed my car the other day with engine-on. But the wiper did not move at all. So I'd suspect that the sensor is broken or blocked? (Don't know where the sensors is though.)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
The sensor is probably right in front of the mirror. I don't know how it works. I think it senses light refraction or something like that.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Wipers work but not on "Auto". I sprayed and poured water over the windshield when I washed my car the other day with engine-on. But the wiper did not move at all. So I'd suspect that the sensor is broken or blocked? (Don't know where the sensors is though.)
Have you driven in the rain? I don't know if the wipers work in auto when the car is in park. I don't remember.

·
Registered
72 Posts
OK, it's getting more and more complicated. Get someone on the roof with a bucket of water and empty it out on the windshield while you drive, accelerating and decelerating... LOL Why not asking a dealer to diagnose under warranty?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I drove in the light rain but it was city driving 30-40mph. I'd assume it should work in slow and light rain condition. I will take my car to the dealer for the oil change and have them look at it. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts