Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning any trips in the near future? Or have been on a nice vacation?
My wife and I are planning a trip to Waikiki sometime in April.
Been a couple of years since we were last there.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I start a seven or eight month road trip in April in the MDX; Toronto, Denver, Albuquerque, Durango (Alpine Loop), LA, San Diego, Las Cruces, Houston, D/FW, Lexington, KY, Beckley, WV, then back to Denver for the winter, or maybe Texas.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I start a seven or eight month road trip in April in the MDX; Toronto, Denver, Albuquerque, Durango (Alpine Loop), LA, San Diego, Las Cruces, Houston, D/FW, Lexington, KY, Beckley, WV, then back to Denver for the winter, or maybe Texas.
7 or 8 month trip? Must be nice! You'll have a blast.

·
Registered
432 Posts
racerboy, take me and my family!!!!!! lol. OMG it's been thirteen years since my wife and I took that 7 day vacation. It's a very nice place. Maybe next year when I am able to do a vacation exchange for a timeshare that I just got as a gift from my former boss.

For this year, we plan to use it this August- London Bridge Resort, Lake Havasu City, AZ. Boat slip for $25/night is not bad. I wanted June or July but they're all booked! Oh well, I should not really complain- I got it for free!!! I am taking the kids, so any kid-friendly local spots that you can recommend is appreciated.

For this month-three nights @ Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina - San Diego, CA. Yeah!!!! Life is good....

Btw, if anybody is interested in renting a place in Big Bear CA for a mini-vacation, p.m. me. I have a good size place out there.

Enjoy your vacations guys!

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Taking the family to Maui for spring break! Aloha!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Going to St. Maarten in a few days for almost 3 weeks. This is our 7th trip there. Best place ever!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got back a few hours ago from Bahamas. Took the family on a Disney cruise and found cruises are not for me.

I did like Nassau, though :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, California, Nevada, Colorado in a few weeks for the family. Taking the MDX.

·
Registered
432 Posts
For the guys doing the road trips, let us know if you have any issues that come up with the MDX.
I am happy to report that I had no issues driving around with the X. We visited the Old Down Town San Diego, CA and a few tourist spots. It was crowded.The $5 parking fee is well worth it during a holiday weekend. Otherwise, you'll be spending a lot of time just to find street parking(2hr limit).
Next we headed to Big Bear Lake, CA 6500-7500ft elevation. We stopped for gas in Yucaipa, CA. talk about highway robbery...$4.99 per gallon! oh well, that's the last gas station before the mountains. Sport mode was awesome driving the canyons. I was surprised to see snow on my driveway! Really surprised..I was wearing shorts when we left San Diego..I should have known better..big bear...19F-41F ..duh! The X almost did not make it up the steep driveway incline due to the ice underneath the white stuff. My shoes are all-season but I made it..as usual, every time. :29:
After BB we headed to Los Angeles Airport to pickup my sister and her family. Boy, I am so glad I have my yakima skybox! My sis got a lot of bags with them. The seven seats were all occupied. All bags are on top of the X. cool.:cool: Then back to the high desert we went...
Observed mpg with yakimabox..17 mountains- 20 frwy.
My X have almost 93k miles now.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Lake Havasu, AZ

It will be our fist time there. It will be hot(112deg -90 deg, water temp is 87-deg)!!! I will be haulin my toy and coming from los angeles county it should be a breeze coz there are no mtns to tackle. Im hoping that the gas price drop by next week:D
Anyway, any recommendations on places to hang out(kid-friendly) or eat is greatly appreciated.:29:

·
Registered
27 Posts
With my 2 year old having the attention span of well a 2 year old my trips take forever. Going to Vegas takes 8 hours instead of the usual 3-4 hours. I wish we can take long family vacations. I would like to goto Seaworld one of these weekends. That's about the longest I can drive until he gets restless .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts