1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a go.
On my '01 Touring . . .

Hit CD once: internal CD changer control
Hit CD again: external CD/MP3 changer control (Alpine S634 MP3 changer, 6 disc)
Hit +, then - track buttons while in external CD mode: auxillary RCA

Advertisement for Sirius:
I've got the RCA inputs playing Sirius satellite through an Audiovox Sirius commander/tuner, no modulation, clean, clean digital music - it's like WOW, huge difference in sound quality and NO COMMERCIALS at all - nada, zip (unlike XM's channels, whereby only a few of their popular channels are commercial free). So much variety, and even in the odd channels like 20's-30's music, big band, jazz, vintage musicals/Broadway, vocal ensembles, metal, folk, even "metallic folk" HipHop, dance, rap, 80s/70s/60s/50s, etc, they play the really big hits of each era or genre, so weird stuff actually sounds very appealing. Especially with the war going on, and stocks bouncing all over the place, the plethora of news and business channels becomes geniunely useful for a minimal newsguy like myself - it saves time in that I can channel into what I'm looking for. Only thing I don't get is local traffic, and all those commercials.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What is the adapter model/brand?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I finally picked it up and having it installed with my RES DVD and gonna pick up the alpine CD/MP3 Changer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just got the blitzsafe with dual input for my MDX. The sound is so much better compared to the FM modulator for the nav-video kit. The install is very easy and I also hooked up an additional Alpine changer too.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Dont want to derail the thread but I beklive its on topic.
How many have gotten their Apline off sellers on Ebay and what price???

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SteveLuman said:

It is probably the Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX ALP V.1D.
Yep.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
SteveLuman said:

I bought my Alpine CHA-S634 about 4 months ago on eBay for $ 229.00 and have had no problems. etronics.com has them for $ 224.99 now.

Here's a good price on eBay.

Ahhhh craptastic!!!:3:

I just ordered the Alpine but realized upon the printout I put in Mastercard as opposed to AMEX. I put in the right CC number as well as the right Verification 4 digits. I even put AMEX in the code for the free gift. Do you think they will just go ahead and charge it or will they have to re-verify. I was hoping to get it before the end of this week. Arghhhh. :1pat:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Warzau said:

Ahhhh craptastic!!!:3:

I just ordered the Alpine but realized upon the printout I put in Mastercard as opposed to AMEX. I put in the right CC number as well as the right Verification 4 digits. I even put AMEX in the code for the free gift. Do you think they will just go ahead and charge it or will they have to re-verify. I was hoping to get it before the end of this week. Arghhhh. :1pat:
I would email or call them to make sure. BTW, who did you purchase from?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
SteveLuman said:

I would email or call them to make sure. BTW, who did you purchase from?
It looks like they just charge it correctly they are sending it, hoooray!!!
Got it from etronics. I figured a extra 3 or so dollars is good insurance just in case anything goes wrong. I can call etronics as opposed to a ebay seller. Thanks SteveLuman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Would the Blitzsafe work to source 2 external DVD players?

I am at the beginning of figuring out how to source a DVD and game device into the front video and 2 headrest monitors.

I'm continuing to scour the threads...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I assume you can just get a passive RCA switcher ( for a lack of a better term) and connect the L&R audio to the AUX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts