6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well new Navi is in ...

... we'll have to see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Changing Navi ....

Good luck. Been there and done that. Even after doing that, still there.

Translation: We had our Navi replaced and problem was not corrected -- still "auto changes" "reset on fillup" from YES to NO and clears the trip history in the process.

·
Registered
180 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
Help - our Trip History function is on the fritz. Fairly often (at least once a week or so) the "auto reset with fill up" turns itself off. Also the odometer feature of the trip history (not dashboard) resets to zero as well.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I have had the same problem for over a year now. About six months ago, I was able to duplicate this problem about six times in a row in my garage. My procedure was to:

1) manually adjust the driver's seat position with the door open
2) close driver's door
3) lock the vehicle with the remote #1
4) unlock vehicle with remote (remote #1)
5) start vehicle

On purpose, I have not adjusted the seats for any reason, not even to vacuum. I'm the only person driving the MDX. The trip computer worked flawlessly for the past six months.

Yesterday, my son moved the driver seat back so he can change the DVD in the player under the driver's seat. Noticing this, I decided to follow my previous precedure and sure enough, I lost my trip history and the auto reset at fillup was turned off. Just retried the same procedure, but works OK now. ?????????? Maybe just sometimes? I'll be bringing it in for a service shortly. We'll see what my dealer says. Not really holding my breath.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Re: Re: Trip History on the fritz

amazent said:

I have had the same problem for over a year now. About six months ago, I was able to duplicate this problem about six times in a row in my garage. My procedure was to:

1) manually adjust the driver's seat position with the door open
2) close driver's door
3) lock the vehicle with the remote #1
4) unlock vehicle with remote (remote #1)
5) start vehicle

On purpose, I have not adjusted the seats for any reason, not even to vacuum. I'm the only person driving the MDX. The trip computer worked flawlessly for the past six months.

Yesterday, my son moved the driver seat back so he can change the DVD in the player under the driver's seat. Noticing this, I decided to follow my previous precedure and sure enough, I lost my trip history and the auto reset at fillup was turned off. Just retried the same procedure, but works OK now. ?????????? Maybe just sometimes? I'll be bringing it in for a service shortly. Well see what my dealer says. Not really holding my breath.
Can someone else repeat these steps? I would love for a bunch of us to be able to tell Acura how to repeat the problem.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Re: Steps to repeat

rflagg said:
Can someone else repeat these steps?
We never saw such a correlation; ours got to the point it never worked - the Auto Reset w/ Fillup would never stay ON. As I have said several times the ONLY constant we noticed was that the Trip History erasure was ALWAYS associated with the Auto Reset w/ Fillup turning itself OFF.

By the way since the new Navi we have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a 04' Touring w/NAV & RES.

It appears that my trip history has been cleared. However, the "Reset button" is not affected as it remains "ON".

It really bites that Acura has not fixed this bug yet!

·
Registered
211 Posts
It has been mentioned that the "History" keeps the last 5 fuel consumption data, is this true for the 03/04 model year w/NAV? Also, can someone kindly point me to where in the User Manual or Nav Manual that states this point? I've look in both manuals and it only indicates that it displays the "Last" fill-up data.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
211 Posts
737Pilot said:
I get only the last fill-up data on the history page of my '04.
Any other 03/04 owners with only the last fill-up in the trip computer? It seems Acura changed the history feature for the 03/04 model year as a friend of mine who owns a 01 said he get the last 5 fill-ups on his.

First Acura takes away the sun-glass holder, and now limiting the trip computer in addition to changing its looks. Boy, I sure wish I had the older trip computer.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My '01 definitely keeps History for the previous 5 trips

I do not know about the '04 yet - '04 owners what is the story??

·
3,108 Posts
2003s only keep one previous record in history. It isn't necessarily the last fill-up, its up to you. I haven't reset it for the past 6 months to see what millage I get overall.

·
Registered
211 Posts
zafer said:
2003s only keep one previous record in history. It isn't necessarily the last fill-up, its up to you. I haven't reset it for the past 6 months to see what millage I get overall.
I'm assumming you're manually resetting the data instead of setting on auto for every fill-up, correct?

What's the purpose of a history feature if it only display one fill-up?:confused:

61 - 73 of 73 Posts