Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so im a bit new to this vehicle. But our trip computer (non nav) has a wonderful black spot. It happens that its right on the trip info....while I could deal with it covering the compass, thats not the case. Since we own a 2002 im trying to replace it with another 01-02 screen but ive searched all over for one (even drove two hours to get one that turned out to be damaged).
Now there are plenty of 03 and ups around my area. I know the fan button is different and that someone back in 12 swapped the unit and the only thing that didnt work was the fan speed selector. There were no follow ups.
I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for both iterations of the unit....or even better if anyone has done this before and managed to get everything to work fine?
TIA!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm also somewhat new to the vehicle. Not sure if the later model screen would work or not but I'm wondering if you've checked craigslist for parted out mdx? There are some 5 of in my area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CL was my first stop, then car-part. I can find plenty if newer ones nearby. But after driving two hours to find one that was damaged im not too keen on making a trip that far again. Guess if I there is no insight by this weekend I may just hack both units together?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts