Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, 2002 Mdx 170,500kms. Just got back from the local honda dealer 2 weeks ago where they fixed a wiring short which was shorting out the gauges, reverse lights and power windows. Whoever installed the aftermarket remote starter did not bother to tape up the joined wires causing them to rub and short out. Fast forward to today, since we bought about a month and a half ago, the centre trip computer display does not work. When starting the car it lights up but only the clock shows. Once you're about a minute or two into your drive, it will shut off completely. Will turn back on if you press the clock button but turns back off after a bit. Not sure where to start or if i need a new display. Checked a few passenger side fuses after doing some research for similar issues but they all seem to be fine. Also, if i do need a new display, will one from an 04-06 mdx fit or will i have to find one from an 01-03. They are on ebay but the 01-02 displays are a bit more expensive for some reason. Any idea what i can do to troubleshoot? Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts