Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 2000 ml, I discovered that my LCD screen for trip computer (no NAVI) acts funny. When I first start driving, it looks kinda dark but goes lighter after about 20 min. I complained to the dealer, and they installed the new LCD screen. But the new one seems to have the same problem. Has anyone experienced this problem?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is it cold where you are now?

Back lighting on displays can start our very dim if they are cold, meaning below freezing, until they warm up. This is the case with the screen on my ML430. I also have similar behavior in my notebook computer, until it is warm.

So, this does not seem that unusual to me, unless you are talking REALLU dim.
-Dana

·
Registered
117 Posts
miro:

I've noticed the same thing. And, as mentioned above, it seems to happen only when the weather is cold. I have absolutely no major complaints about the X, this is just one of those little "annoying things."

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
g_dog01:

You are in Florida, how do you mean "cold"???

The high for tomorrow is 20deg here in Wisconsin. By the way, my wife called her parents to Russia yesterday and it's -32deg there...

·
Registered
117 Posts
miro:

When you're born and raised in Florida, yes, 40's ARE COLD!! :)

My point was that, even with Florida's "cold" temps, my LCD screen does the same thing as yours. But, the only time it seems to "act up" is when the temps drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts