Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2003 MDX, RES, (no Navi) - We consistently get better milage than the trip computer shows. Gas milage calculation by trip computer consistently low, shows milage about 2 to sometimes 4 mpg low, vs. manual calculation.

We also finally realized the outside temperature reading is always 4 deg. high. This could be dangerous if you believe the 34 or 35 deg. reading, and you find out too late there is ice on the road as the true temp. is 30 or 31 deg.

Has anyone else noticed these type discrepencies, or is it just our X? I am also wondering if there are any ways to correct these readings???

Regards to All,
Allan

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Here's the instructions for calibrating the 01-02 Navis.

Start the car, and Press OK on the disclaimer screen. Press and hold the keys in this order:
Menu, Map/Guide, and Cancel. Continue to hold all 3 for 5 seconds.

Press Trip Calibrate. You can now change the temperature reading offset and miles to empty offset. (Miles may be set to some negative value so people don't run out of gas. I would rather it be accurate.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
As far as anyone here as found (to the best of my knowledge), no one has come up with a way to change the MPG readout calibration. (Miles to empty can be changed, but that has no effect on mpg). The service manual doesn't address mpg calibration.

Mine is off the other way. On 100% of fill-ups, it has read too high.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
At what fuel level does the low fuel light start? Can that be changed as well?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
manus1980:

I doubt that you can change the calibration of the low fuel light, as it appears (from the Electrical Troubleshooting manual), that it just senses the voltage from the fuel level sender (the same that drives the fuel level gauge). If the float is low, the light is on; if it isn't, it isn't. No specs are given as to actual levels or voltages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts