Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we ordered our Silver Mdx we also ordered fender flares, front spoiler, rear spoiler and some other iterms.
Question-- is the rear air spoiler the same color as the vehicle silver, or is is like the flares and front spoiler, somewhat of a contrast?
The vehicle is at the dealer and was suposed to have been picked up but they called and stated that the Navi was not picking up satalites for at least 10 min. after it is turn on. Not sure what that problem is. They are ordering a new antenna again not sure if that is the problem.
We were given an MDX to drive until ours is ready.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
The rear spolier should be painted by the dealer to match the color of your X. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The standard rear spoiler is FLAT BLACK, like the roofrack, unless you've *specified* to have it color-matched.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Painted is much nicer. . . IMHO

·
Registered
319 Posts
laborlitigator said:
Ditto that, painted looks awsome. In fact, you could even have the fender flares painted to match the body color. As I recall, another member has a silver X with all the trim color matched.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep, That's me!! See my sig below for pics of color matched flares, mudguards and rear deflector on a silver 'X.
My opinion is that the standard color of the flares does not match/complement any of the body colors. You will end up with different colors for the body, flares, mud guards and rear deflector . . . your 'X will start to look "chopped up".

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ms. Mdx said:
Yep, That's me!! See my sig below for pics of color matched flares, mudguards and rear deflector on a silver 'X.
My opinion is that the standard color of the flares does not match/complement any of the body colors. You will end up with different colors for the body, flares, mud guards and rear deflector . . . your 'X will start to look "chopped up".
Ms. MDX,
While our X was on order, I remember seeing the pics of yours and thinking how cool it looked with the color matched fender flares. I came very close to ordering them, but in the end decided to go without the flares. Maybe in the future!:D

You definitely should set up your avatar with a picture of your all silver beauty!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks Arzoo :D . Isn't this site great. I also put my car together after seeing photos with different color matched accessories.

It also makes it "unique". There are lots of 'Xs in my area, but I'm the only one with color matched accessories. If anyone sees a silver 'X with all color matched accessories in Mass .... wave to me :4:.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
laborlitigator said:
Non Painted is better IMHO on light colored (SS, TW) MDX's. SS & TW with non painted fender flares, hood deflector, black side steps, and rear deflectors look very good to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts