Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Tri State MDX- Roll Call

I am in the Bronx/Westchester area
and just put my money down on a
2002 Granite Green Touring MDX
-- I think I would feel terribly out of place pulling up to an MDX family function in my Honda but I have to wait until July/Aug (hopefully not a minute longer) to really be part of the MDX family.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I'm in.

I received my MDX the past Sunday. Details in my sig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Just got a 2002 MDX in Taffetta White with Touring and Navigation Package. I'm getting the Nav system modded for dvd/vcd/tv/mp3 playback.

Also, heres what on the way:

Custom Mats
Step Bar
Brush Guard
Rear Deflector
20" Rims with 295/40/20
Cargo Tray
Blue LED's for Dash illumination (that beige sux)
LCD window tints
Complete Wood Grain Kit
Rear Mud Flaps
Ventvisors

Thats about all I can think of for now.

IM me if you wanna chat - jrzyjesse
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
...another 'X in 'Joisey'.....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Queens, New York.
I got my 2002 silver touring with Nav on 2/23/02.
Accessories:
Running board
wheel lock
rear mudguard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
my name is Rolly, live in Parlin, NJ.

Went to Brunswick Acura on January 30 '02 and test drive mdx with touring package. loved the drive and order one that day.
ordered with touring + navigation package, mesa beige (gold) with accessories: side steps, front lower trim, tv/dvd/vcr system, read mud guards, side fender flares and soon, trailer hitch.
My salesman Tony Pasquarella called me back the following week, Feb. 6, and told me my mdx just arrived, gave me my vin number and picked it up on Feb. 16 '02. receive great service from my salesman, and the rest of the staff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
2001 MDX Touring

Staten Island, NY

We have our 2001 MDX for just over 1 year now and love it!
Keep us informed about any meets and such.

Would love to see other MDXes from this area all in one place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Rolly said:
my name is Rolly, live in Parlin, NJ.

Went to Brunswick Acura on January 30 '02 and test drive mdx with touring package. loved the drive and order one that day.
ordered with touring + navigation package, mesa beige (gold) with accessories: side steps, front lower trim, tv/dvd/vcr system, read mud guards, side fender flares and soon, trailer hitch.
My salesman Tony Pasquarella called me back the following week, Feb. 6, and told me my mdx just arrived, gave me my vin number and picked it up on Feb. 16 '02. receive great service from my salesman, and the rest of the staff.
I found that Brunswick Acura wasn't very attentive. I initially went there to buy one. I even put money down, but the treatment wasn't that great. I then decided to try Precision Acura of Princeton. It was a night and day difference. They treated me like a KING!!!! I was able to walk in, test drive and buy the same day. Talk about a great experience.

As for the tv/dvd/vcr system, is that something that NB Acura is doing or is that something that you're doing aftermarket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi.

i live in Parlin, New Jersey.

Got my MDX last February 16 after placing the order on Jan 30 '02 at Brunswick Acura.

2002 MDX Mesa Beige with:
Touring
Navigation
Side Fender
Lower Trim
Side Fenders
MDX All Season Floor Mats
Rear Splash Guard
Side Steps
DVD & VCR on 6.1" screen w/ 4 cordless headsets.

Thinking of getting the hitch for my mountain bike.

Also we have a 1998 Honda Accord and 1997 Mazda MPV which i'm trying to sell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
jessenj said:


I found that Brunswick Acura wasn't very attentive. I initially went there to buy one. I even put money down, but the treatment wasn't that great. I then decided to try Precision Acura of Princeton. It was a night and day difference. They treated me like a KING!!!! I was able to walk in, test drive and buy the same day. Talk about a great experience.

As for the tv/dvd/vcr system, is that something that NB Acura is doing or is that something that you're doing aftermarket?

i guess everybody got different experience. anyway, i had the dealer installed it for me but if you need on i can recommend a very good place in route 18 which they do a lot of acura.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
please recommend a place.

we are looking to possibly add such a system to our '01 MDX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Rolly said:



i guess everybody got different experience. anyway, i had the dealer installed it for me but if you need on i can recommend a very good place in route 18 which they do a lot of acura.
Sure... Please do recommend a place (as long as it's not Rippo's... er. Zippo's)

I haven't had any luck finding any competent install shops in my area that don't want to screw me. I was quoted by Zippo's $675 for each headrest to do a 5.7" display. Thats ridiculous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Video/VCR for MDX

jessenj said:


Sure... Please do recommend a place (as long as it's not Rippo's... er. Zippo's)

I haven't had any luck finding any competent install shops in my area that don't want to screw me. I was quoted by Zippo's $675 for each headrest to do a 5.7" display. Thats ridiculous.
I don't have the number with me right now but i'll send it to you tomorrow. the'yre nice people and they do this for Brunswick Acura. I was there last weekend, bought a silver plate number acura engraved on it for $20.00, rear and front. i will post their address and number later today or tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
'X in Northern NJ

Hello all,

I just got my 'X two days ago (came in on March 22; order was place on Jan 19) and I am loving it! I live in North Jersey.

It is Mesa Beige Touring, Nav with side steps.

Accessories from Tim: cargo net, cargo cover, cargo mat, all-season floor mats.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Re: Video/VCR for MDX

Rolly said:


I don't have the number with me right now but i'll send it to you tomorrow. the'yre nice people and they do this for Brunswick Acura. I was there last weekend, bought a silver plate number acura engraved on it for $20.00, rear and front. i will post their address and number later today or tomorrow.
Here is that number:
Auto Image & Security, Inc.
437 Rt. 18 South
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Ph: (732) 254-2727
Contact: Gary Pastirik

You can mention my name (Rolly) or acuramdx.org
good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Placed deposit in 11/01 for SS at three dealers at MSRP: Westchester, Denville, NJ, and Metro Acura, Philly.

Took delivery 2/19 for SS from Philly since they had it first.

Notable accessories:

Painted rear deflector
Painted mud guards
Plasma bulbs highs, lows, fogs from platinumprices.net (out of business) but best I've seen

Looking to do mod to Navi screen for video input, and also install 7 inch drop-down and tv tuner in the back. Will buy screen and dvd player from www.theautoaccessories.com . Best prices I've found. The Power Acoustik DVD-80 plays all formats, is small enough to place in the glove compartment, anti-shock, remote eye, and it has inputs in the back for PS/2 or XBox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
GG 02 Wayne, NJ

I'm from Wayne NJ.

Got my 2002 GG from Montclair Acura. Ordered in November, got it in March.

Ordered a bunch of crap from Manik and Tim.
So far (40 miles) the car seems OK. I'm not letting my wife drive till all the molding comes in.

-Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Montvale, NJ

2002 SS Premium bought at Park Avenue Acura (waited 8 1/2 months)

Running Boards
Base Rack
Rear Mud Guards

(all from Tim)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Here!!!!!!

Located in Merrick, LI

2002 Black/Parchment Base

Ordered June 2001... delivered Nov 2001
 
41 - 60 of 112 Posts
Top