Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also posted on azine, but apparently more owners actually use this site:

So trey at radley tells me he can do some awesome deal and truth be told, with the exception of norris (45697) and chevy chase (46310) no one even offers a price after the usual i'm interested email through truecar/edmunds etc.

We end up at 47,900 OTD which apparently is not matchable by rosenthal, pohanka, chevy chase, or norris. Reverse engineering that number you get a pretax number including profit fee and destination of about 44,800. So I talk to others to see if they can beat it and no one can. This afternoon as I'm about to leave I ask him to confirm again, because during the week I look at the website inventory and it shows that my color combo is only available in fwd, he states affirmative, we definitely have your color combo. Fast forward to 3:00pm he says never mind we don't have it and it has to be delivered and we need to tack on another 920. I accuse him of being dishonest and goes on to state that they're losing money on the deal and that he would rather just write me a check because they're not making any money. What do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Also posted on azine, but apparently more owners actually use this site:

So trey at radley tells me he can do some awesome deal and truth be told, with the exception of norris (45697) and chevy chase (46310) no one even offers a price after the usual i'm interested email through truecar/edmunds etc.

We end up at 47,900 OTD which apparently is not matchable by rosenthal, pohanka, chevy chase, or norris. Reverse engineering that number you get a pretax number including profit fee and destination of about 44,800. So I talk to others to see if they can beat it and no one can. This afternoon as I'm about to leave I ask him to confirm again, because during the week I look at the website inventory and it shows that my color combo is only available in fwd, he states affirmative, we definitely have your color combo. Fast forward to 3:00pm he says never mind we don't have it and it has to be delivered and we need to tack on another 920. I accuse him of being dishonest and goes on to state that they're losing money on the deal and that he would rather just write me a check because they're not making any money. What do you guys think about this?
Obviously his boss vetoed the deal. Since no one offered to match it,he probably exceeded his authority.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Obviously his boss vetoed the deal. Since no one offered to match it,he probably exceeded his authority.
Flaky and I would probably contact the GM of the dealer and show him/her the email thread, asking is this is reflective of normal business practice to display poor integrity?

And then agree to him writing you the cheque, always take the $$ :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had the same situation when I was shopping for Toyota Landcruiser. The lying sac was Jeremy Chen at City Toyota in Daly City. Give them a bad PR then walk away they're not worth your time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well so far i only left them a bad yelp review and the threads on the two acura forums. Not sure what more there is as I know acura corporate couldnt care less.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well so far i only left them a bad yelp review and the threads on the two acura forums. Not sure what more there is as I know acura corporate couldnt care less.
dealer rater is also a great place to post your review. I'm sorry to hear you were treated like that. A lot of sales people these days hate customers who are savvy and try to pit dealers against each other.

Good luck with finding your future ride! :29:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dealer rater is also a great place to post your review. I'm sorry to hear you were treated like that. A lot of sales people these days hate customers who are savvy and try to pit dealers against each other.

Good luck with finding your future ride! :29:
Well someone already found my review useful so feel a bit better there :)

I'll check out dealer rater thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pohanka just raised their offer from 45k to 49k for my white ebony. I would be careful KneeDragr...make sure you bring all your documentation.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
49k BEFORE TTL? What the heck? AWD Tech right? I mean I know White/Ebony in Tech is in high demand, but 4k jump?

·
Registered
132 Posts
congrats and enjoy :29:
Jterp, speaking of enjoy, I know the hunt for the best price is desirable, but after 3 months, you're just going to care about the vehicle itself and the joy of ownership.

I found a local best deal ($46,210 for SHAWD Tech) and now enjoy every minute of having it in our garage.

The "norris (45697)" deal sounds like the best one...instead of finding another dealership that can beat it by a few bucks, pull the trigger...and enjoy :cool:

(my 2 cents)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<--embodies stereotypical asian bargaining. Though perhaps too hard sometimes, usually past the comfort point lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
<--embodies stereotypical asian bargaining. Though perhaps too hard sometimes, usually past the comfort point lol.
Ha. Understood. This white boy is very well aware of his friends' Asian bargaining tactics and can probably map out formal documentation of Armenian/Persian low-balling methodology as well. :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha. Understood. This white boy is very well aware of his friends' Asian bargaining tactics and can probably map out formal documentation of Armenian/Persian low-balling methodology as well. :cool:
don't know if you've vacationed in china at any point, but if you bargained and the other guy wasn't pissed , the mantra is that you probably paid too much lol:p

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
don't know if you've vacationed in china at any point, but if you bargained and the other guy wasn't pissed , the mantra is that you probably paid too much lol:p
lol. Watched my friend make a vendor in Beijing cry and chase after him... all for a jacket. :29:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol. Watched my friend make a vendor in Beijing cry and chase after him... all for a jacket. :29:
the flip side of that is when you say no, and they think you're bargaining but you don't even want the damn item and they still chase you:eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts