Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2014 AWD and with Michelin Premier LTX tires and had to replace one tire that could not be repaired during a road trip. The other three tires are also Michelin Premiers, but have about 15000 miles and the tread depth is 6/32" vs. 8/32" for the new tire. Is this enough of a diameter difference to cause a problem? Should I get another new Michelin on the same axle to even things out? Luckily, the bad one was replaced for free under a road hazard warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
If it was me I wouldn't worry about the tread difference. As it is, you routinely get some difference between the tires just due to different tire pressures, and you routinely get some difference between the fronts and the rears, which is one of the reasons to do regular tire rotations - which some (many) people neglect to do.

Outside of some random guy (me) offering an opinion, you can refer to the following from Tire Rack which pretty much echoes what I just said -

Minor differences in tread depths between front and rear tires (up to 2/32") are allowable and permit rotating tires.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=236

1 - 3 of 3 Posts