Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Transmission Tempature gauge for towing

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  skirmich 
#1 ·
Okay so just got done doing some testing with scangauge. We were able to get an xgauge programmed on to scangauge 2 that displays transmission tempature. Something I felt important to have as I'm going to be towing our accord to Georgia in the next few weeks. James from Linear Logic LLC Scangauge parent company was very helpful in getting this process done. He said if there is questions he can help with he will. I will link him to this forum and thread if needed. So to be clear this works on 3rd generation Mdx. Mine is 2014. The years previous to about 2008 did not have capability to transfer data needed through OSB 2 data port. At least that is what I was told.

I attached photo as I know the world is full of doubters. Lol. Shows engine water temp on top left. Transmission temp on top right. Voltage on bottom left. Air intake temp on motor as well on bottom right.

So I hope this can be helpful to others here.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good info.
As I just connected my Scangauge II with latest software upgrade, it should be able to give this info too.
Can you please elaborate on how to activate this function, prefarably in degrees Celcius as we use that here..
What is regular TFT operating temperature, above what temp is too hot??
Any info greatly appreciated

#5 ·
Normal ATF temp for Hondas hover around 60-70C at 90C you will get A/T Temp warning and at +100C you are lowering the trans lifespan...

Regardless once you hit the 90C threshold you will feel the car bowing down as the Torque Converter efficiency will drop hard very fast making the car slow down to a crawl...

That is for Hondas Autos anyway (5/6 Speedo) I dunno how the ZF Trans behave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.