Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Issues. From time to time the shifter gets difficult to move and sometimes the transmission does not seem to go gear in D5 from P or R. I've been able to fix this with some WD40 on the linkage at the transmission, and no codes were recorded. This happened to a greater extent yesterday, and resulted in some erratic starts and 1-2 shifts. This time codes P706 and P777 were recorded. I WD40'd the linkage again which improved the shifting and then driving around did not have any issues. Does anyone have a more permanent fix than my WD40 treatment?
The other issue is with VTM. I can turn on VTM when in R, but not when in D1, but if I turn on VTM in R then shift into D1 VTM will stay on. Might this be related the sticky shifter issues? I do also have the P420 code more often than not, and some have said this code can prevent VTM from working although I have always had VTM available in R.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
High moly grease instead of WD-40... But since the rust is already very prevalent you should first clean it and then apply grease.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The moly helped and VTM lights up now in D1 or D2. I will wait until the weather warms up here in the northeast to do the disassembly and cleaning, but its much better now. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts