Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to purchase the 3 transmission solenoids for my 2003? The check engine light comes on after resetting numerous times and the D5 blinks. Code P0741. I do not notice any difference in the shifting. Transmission was rebuilt 40 k ago. Now has a shade under 240k miles.
Dealer and aftermarket prices high. I understand the tranny side panel has to be removed to replace.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Solenoid electrical faults are not indicated, however they could be physically blocked w/ trash.

Check sponsor for parts or ebay. Only OEM should be considered.

good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced 2 solenoid units. Worked for 2 weeks. Now getting check engine light. D flashing. VTM-4. Intermittent. Now codes P0741 and P0401. Very frustrated. 240k. Looks and runs great. Any suggestions. Reset codes 2x. Came back. Added a cat cleaner 3x. Worked for 1 day.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Have you done a few drain-and-fills on your transmission? It could be stuck valving in the valve body, rather than a shift solenoid. I guess the other question would be to make certain which two solenoids you replaced (the torque converter lockup solenoid and the "C" shift solenoid).

Here's the info on the P0401 - sounds like removing and cleaning the EGR valve is likely to fix that one...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts