Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Transmission Rebuild

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  skirmich 
#1 ·
As the title states, Im in the process of potentially rebuilding the transmission in my '01 MDX with 210K on it. The car is in immaculate shape and everything works. Other than the TQ being replaced on it (under warranty), it has had little to no problems. That being said, I already have new honda trans mounts and rear main seal ready to go. Is there anything else I need to change while its apart? Oil pump seals? Im chasing a small leak and have already changed the valve cover gaskets, v-tec/oil filter housing gaskets as well.

Thanks

#2 ·
Clean up and lube the shift cable mechanism (a lot easier with the tranny out of the car). I'd replace the internal filter (assume that's part of the rebuild kit / quote). I'd replace the torque converter if it's whining (and SO many of 'em do). I guess I'd also pull the pressure control and shift solenoid covers off and clean out the itty bitty little screens on those itty bitty little tubes inside. But maybe that's part of the rebuild quote?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.