Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ok, I bit the billet and made my usual 83 mile commute. No real problems except the door locks are locking and unlocking at a tremendously fast rate and very sporadic. I can hear a solenoid in the center console opening and closing, also super fast and sporadic. No luck with any hacks to reset. Any idea what the problem might be?
That sounds more like water in one of the fuse blocks. Any chance it has rained in the last day or two?

·
Registered
578 Posts
On my Ody there was almost no sign of water other than one lone nut that was a bit rusty near the driver rear fuse block, but following a TSB to seal the offending leak and disconnecting the connectors and filling them with dielectric grease solved my issue and haven't seen it since.

·
Registered
2007 MDX
11 Posts
On my Ody there was almost no sign of water other than one lone nut that was a bit rusty near the driver rear fuse block, but following a TSB to seal the offending leak and disconnecting the connectors and filling them with dielectric grease solved my issue and haven't seen it since.
By any chance do you have the number of the TSB that you referenced?
I’m not kidding, within an hour of reading your post she started acting normal again. I popped the lid on the fuse block in question and both back nuts show signs of rust. I cleaned them with wd40 and I couldn’t find any sign of entry for water.
Thank you for the tip!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
By any chance do you have the number of the TSB that you referenced?
I’m not kidding, within an hour of reading your post she started acting normal again. I popped the lid on the fuse block in question and both back nuts show signs of rust. I cleaned them with wd40 and I couldn’t find any sign of entry for water.
Thank you for the tip!!!!
It won't be the same because that was a Honda Odyssey and not an MDX, but there are threads like this one that mentions an issue related to the drivers side rear fuse block(MICU). It was the type of symptom you were talking about. My Ody did exactly the same thing with the locks repeatedly locking and unlocking while driving. If you are any good at wiring diagrams you could figure out which MICU is involved, but I'm not unfortunately. Based on other threads I've seen here the MDX suffers from some of the same issues that the Ody does with roof seam seals shrinking and leaking as well as some body plugs falling out. I can say for certain that it takes very little water to cause an issue with these multi-plex wiring systems and that's not a knock on Honda as every manufacturer is using them.

BTW, I didn't look to verify, but I'm pretty sure the MDX has 4 of these MICU's just like the Ody. One each kick panel up front and one each side rear.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts