Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Transmission question for 2014 MDX

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Pkrface 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 MDX. I have been experiencing some irregularities during downshifting with my transmission. I took it to the Acura dealer to take a look. They informed me that it needed a new software download and that I had to pay for it. Has anyone experienced this? I don’t believe that should have to pay for the download.

#2 ·
Here http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B16-062.PDF is a service bulletin related to a transmission torque converter issue. Not sure if this is what you are referring to. It notes that warranty coverage is 8 years/80K miles. Obviously you are not past the 8 years, but are you over 80K miles?

#4 ·
I can see both sides on this one. No, a manufacturer can't be expected to warranty a car forever, but a software update is something that can only come from the manufacturer. With no competition for this "part" you need for your car there is no other source to get it from which keeps the cost ridiculously high. How much are they wanting to charge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.