Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to alarm everyone, but it's not my X that has the problem but my '97 Accord w/ Auto that I am experiencing the problem with. I hope no one gets offended by my posting an Accord question in this forum but I figure with the wealth of knowledge within this group, someone would be able to help me out.
The problem I am experiencing started about one month ago when the weather started getting a little colder. The transmission shifts up through 4th gear w/o problems but the torque converter does not lock up after that (5th shift). When the weather warms up above 60, it works again. I have been doing regular tranny fluid changes on it and recent flushed it also. I wanted to know if anyone thinks this is the start of something worse coming down. It has around 83,000 miles on it right now. Thanks to all in advance.

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
When the torque converter is not locking up, is the temp gauge anywhere near normal?

Rob

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob, the engine temp is perfectly normal according to the gauge on the dash.

·
** BANNED ** (enough is enough)
275 Posts
Hmmm, could be a sticking lock up solenoid. You'd need to hook up a scanner to see if the computer is indeed sending the command to the solenoid for lock up.

Rob

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob, thanks for the advise. I'll try to scan the computer and see what I come up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts