Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we got the MDX back from service at the dealer. They checked some clicking noise from the transmission whenever we shift from drive (D5) back to park (P). After spending two days in the service they informed me that they checked the noise and it is normal and nothing is wrong with it. I thought that a $40K vehicle should not have such noises especially from Acura, which are known for their quite vehicles. BTW, few months ago, another service dealer looked at this noise and just by listening to it, they said the same thing!
Any body noticed such a noise?

·
Registered
143 Posts
FamilyMDX

Yes, my MDX makes the same discernable 'click' that yours is making. From the previous discussions in this forum, I think it's a common situation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've noticed this as well. Also happens when I shift from D5 to Park, not the other way around. It seems to happen going through the R region of the shift. Curiously, this does not happen every time, but probably 15-20% of the time.
I am going to mention this at my check-up next month. I'll advise if my service rep says anything different than what's already mentioned here. I am glad to know it seems to be a standard, harmless characteristic.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My X makes the same sound whenever I shift. I believe that the clicking noise is normal on Honda products. My 1986 Honda Accord made the same noise during my sixteen year ownership.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I read, it seems to be a common noise. My brother has a TL2001 and I never heard this noise when shifting.

Can I assume that the noise will not cause any failure later?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Transmission noise....

MIne too (Mesa Beige, 22000 miles... runs great, 20MPG town - flat, as in Fla), 24-5 hiway. Sound from day one, D5 into Park... I'm not worried!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
gasman
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing