Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 MDX with Sport/Tech and Entertainment packages. I recently replaced the rear main and oil pump seals, dealer performed. Pricey I might add. Anyways, ever since it just doesn’t drive the same. Transmission seems to be off. Shifting at higher rpms it seems like and it’s like the car can’t make up its mind what gear to be in. Thoughts anyone? Transmission sensor going bad or god forbid transmission on the way out ?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I hope not! I haven't heard a single transmission go out on second gen yet (that might be me only, though).

Since you performed the procedure at the dealer, I would urge you to go back and complain - that's what the dealer's warranty for performed repairs is for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, mileage approx 130000

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I personally drive a 2008 with 157000 miles on it - no transmission issues whatsoever (all regular maintenance strictly according to maintenance minder, all fluids are Honda fluids, except for the engine oil, which I use Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic one).

I saw some 2 gen MDXs with over 240000 miles with no transmission issues.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have an 07 MDX with Sport/Tech and Entertainment packages. I recently replaced the rear main and oil pump seals, dealer performed. Pricey I might add. Anyways, ever since it just doesn’t drive the same. Transmission seems to be off. Shifting at higher rpms it seems like and it’s like the car can’t make up its mind what gear to be in. Thoughts anyone? Transmission sensor going bad or god forbid transmission on the way out ��
I did the rear main oil seal myself last year. One possible issue I can think of is the technician did not top off the transmission fluid to the right level so the transmission fluid is low and possibly sucking air when running. I was very careful and concerned about returning the fluid to the proper level. Normally, I collect and measure what comes out so I can put the same amount back in. But when I did this job, there was I lot of spillage that I could not measured. Other than that, I do not see any other cause. My transmission is over 142K and still smooth and strong.

The other issue, check if they aligned the sub-frame to the body. When I started the job, I found my sub-frame was misaligned. That was the last repair Acura did on that same rear main seal. When I did the job, I took care of the sub-frame alignment too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts