Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012grayMDX, have you had a chance to bring your MDX to Acura dealer?

I have the same exact thing! Mine has 92k mi, but a year ago I brought it to Acura dealer to check what's going on, they diagnosed it with a bad torque converter, and gave me a quote of $3000 for replacement. I started digging to more information and found a technical service bulletin (TSB)16-062, which was issued by Acura after my visit to the dealer. The TSB requires a software update and transmission flush 2x. I brought it to acura dealer and asked them to perform it on my car. They sounded ignorant of my request, but told me that they'll find a newer version of that TSB. They found TSB 16-063, which is a followup to 16-062, which says that in case 16-062 didn't help, make another transmission flush. So, they installed a software update, did a transmission flush (I'm not exactly sure how many times because the technician was out already when I was picking it up and the service guy had no clue, he was supposed to flush it 2x). To make the long story short, it drove better, I had my fingers crossed that it would stay that way at least. After just a few days, it went to as it was previously. Frustrating. I brought it to local trusted transmission shop, the guy told me that a "bad torque converter" is a B.S. It's a mechanical part which either works or not. It has something to do with electronics. But, he didn't have much time to figure out anything else.
Seems like I'm stuck with no solution. I'm curious to hear your story. Maybe, if the dealer would do 2x-3x transmission flush, it would solve it?? I can't get answers from my dealer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.