Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX just reached 100K. Going to replace the timing belt, and I was wondering if I need to change the transmission & differential fluid or I can wait till I get the code? TIA.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My MDX just reached 100K. Going to replace the timing belt, and I was wondering if I need to change the transmission & differential fluid or I can wait till I get the code? TIA.
When was it done last? Typically it calls for transmission fluid every 30k miles or so.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I don't wait for the code for the AT and I do a 30,000 mile interval AT and transfer case fluid change at the dealership for my MDX. I wait until the code for the rear diff.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's not gonna break if you wait but OTOH it certainly doesn't hurt to get it done sooner. The guy doing the timing belt might reset your indicator at the same time so you may never get it in the near future as well. Something to think about.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So if last differential fluid change was done at 50K miles and I change it before MID at 70K will mid remind me at 80K even though its fresh fluid in there or it will reset itself and come on at 100K?????

·
Registered
798 Posts
It is my understanding that MID doesn't target fluids exclusively but is lumped in with a bunch of other maintenance items. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
So if last differential fluid change was done at 50K miles and I change it before MID at 70K will mid remind me at 80K even though its fresh fluid in there or it will reset itself and come on at 100K?????
It's going to remind you approx. 30k miles after the last time it reminded you. It has no way of knowing exactly what service you're performing and when.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts