Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 MDX. I see there is a transmission filter pn 25450-P4V-013. Is it possible to change without a significant effort? I didn't see any threads on this, just curious.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Changing that filter is really easy... once you have the transmission out and sitting on your bench. ;-)

There's no real way to change the (small!!!) internal filter, so the next best thing is to install an inline magnetic filter in one of the transmission cooler lines. That will more than double the amount of debris that can be captured, and will do a bang-up job of taking out the metallic debris, which is the most dangerous kind (since it is easily attracted to the bores of your shift solenoids since they're electromagnets bathed in transmission fluid). To get a feel for the routing of the cooler lines (so you can put the directional filter in correctly), scroll down to the bottom of this document (which is about installing a separate transmission cooler - also a good idea)...

http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2004_MDX_ATFandPowerSteeringCoolingKits_BII25799.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts