Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the length of a transmission dipstick for an 04 mdx? I cant seem to find one at any parts store. Online searches are turning up nothing. And the dealer literally told me they cant order it seperate that it comes with the tranny! I dont want a 4k dipstick. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I basically figured ill just have to make one. Just need a measurement from seal point on the tube to bottom. And markers. Surely someone can help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you near a salvage yard? You can probably get one cheap there, even if they make you takw it off of one with a damaged transmission.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ebay has various year MDX dipsticks going for under $20 right now.

If you want to make your own, and you have the most recent revision of the transmission model that starts BDKA... then the dipstick is 10 5/8" from the rubber flange to the "completely full" hole, and 10 15/16" from the rubber flange to the "refill now" hole.

BDKA transmissions started in mid-year 2004 and went through 2006. This measurement came from a 2006. The transmission model number should be on the dataplate by the fill bolt.

You could also enter your VIN into one of the online Acura parts websites to see what your dipstick model number is, and be sure that is the same as if you enter your car as a 2006.

·
Super Moderator
1,657 Posts
I am curious on happened to the original stick?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts