Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Transmission Cooler. I went with the Long Tru-Cool LPD Transmission Oil Cooler 4544. Does anyone have a diagram showing where the transmission fluid goes out of the transmission and into the radiator and then the return line?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just ordered a Transmission Cooler. I went with the Long Tru-Cool LPD Transmission Oil Cooler 4544. Does anyone have a diagram showing where the transmission fluid goes out of the transmission and into the radiator and then the return line?
Here's a link to an on-line dealer for Acura parts to the factory cooler. That page has installation instructions you can download which shows the ATF diagram. Note the instructions are for both power steering and ATF coolers so review the correct section. Videos on You Tube too.

06255-RDJ-305 | Acura ATF Cooler Kit (MDX) - Bernardi Parts

Although technically it doesn't matter which side of the radiator ATF in or out, it's better on the out. I installed my cooler using these instructions for an 06 X.

Btw, while you're doing the plumbing for the cooler, you might consider adding an in-line filter which also has a circular magnet. Various brands out there. There's one that fits 3/8 inch ID lines.

Have fun!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am way ahead of you. Magnefine has new transmission filters for 20$. They are only for sale in their website. I have read that it's better to put it on the out. Plus, I need to know which direction the ATF flows for the purpose of the filter. I also have a 2003 Honda Odyssey with the same transmission cooler. It's got 192k and the transmission seems fine. I also add Lubegard Platinum at every transmission fluid change. I do it annually.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts