Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 mdx tech has done 100k kms (62k miles). I got the car early this year. Vehicle runs a drives well but just today, It send shivers down my spine when it started jerking for no reason. It doesn't took me long to realize that its the transmission, I checked mid and started changing gears with paddle shifters. It was jumping from 4th gear to 6th and downwards from 5th to 3rd. I could feel a massive jerk coming from rear when the gears were slipping. I changed the gear selector to sport and it was same. Weirdly gear shifting display was freezing up on MID, it was not showing the gear change.
I completed my journey some how and parked it. Later I decided to drive & check it again. It suddenly started driving like a charm again. Everything went back to normal.
I got it checked & serviced from Acura dealership 5 months ago, they flushed the transmission and other fluids as well fluid and didn't found anything mechanically wrong with anything.

what could be the possibe reasons for this absurd behaviour from transmission.?
Does it require any software update or is it a sign that transmission is going off
My vehicle just passed its warranty period.
Thank you in advance to everyone for their kind suggestions and advise.

·
Registered
341 Posts
When was your battery last replaced? Weak battery causes significant errors/warnings/behaviors in these cars.
Generally speaking, the Honda 6 speed transmissions in the 14 & 15 MDX are trouble free with frequent fluid changes so this leads me to believe this was an electrical issue.

Reactions: greggebhardt

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When was your battery last replaced? Weak battery causes significant errors/warnings/behaviors in these cars.
Generally speaking, the Honda 6 speed transmissions in the 14 & 15 MDX are trouble free with frequent fluid changes so this leads me to believe this was an electrical issue.
it got a new battery 10 months ago. I didn't got any light on my dash for any sort of error also. What surprises me that after restartingthe vehicle every problem just disappeared.

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it got a new battery 10 months ago. I didn't got any light on my dash for any sort of error also. What surprises me

·
Registered
431 Posts
it got a new battery 10 months ago. I didn't got any light on my dash for any sort of error also. What surprises me
Hopefully it was a fluke and will not happen again.

·
Registered
Acura MDX 2015 Tech.
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It turns out to be a faulty pressure sensor in transmission. Fixed by dealership for $450. (Too pricey to say the least.)
Hope the problem doesn't arise again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts