Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I took my '08 RL in to be serviced by the dealer. They are doing some warranty work but the technician said I needed a Transfer Case Fluid change. I got the tranny, rear diff, and brake fluids changed last time I was there, but he said the Transfer Case fluid was for the SHAWD system and said it's like front differential fluid. He quoted me $99.95 for it with 10% off. Is this legit? and the price?

They also charged me $29.95 for wiper inserts which I thought were $10 a piece, $37 for an auto inspection (which I thought they could do for free), and $39.95 for an oil change. They are also doing the motor mounts and door handle under the warranty. But before that, they were trying to make me pay for a diagnostic fee, which I successfully fought off. The normal manager which usually helps me is on vacation and these guys were in his place. These guys seem like they were trying to beat me over my head or that's the impression I got. I would not expect this at a luxury dealership. the only silver lining here is that they gave me a loaner for the weekend while they ordered the parts.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. As always, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Unless he has old ATF-Z1 stock the new ATF DW-1 is not meant to be used for the SH-AWD diff so he is full of **** or just plain ignorant.
Since Z1 was discontinued Acura released a specific oil for SH-AWD diffs called "DPSF AWD" not to be confused with plain "DPSF" Fluid.

Part Number is: 08200-9007A < That "A" at the last is important, that letter differentiates plain DPSF to DPSF AWD.. So do not let them sell you: 08200-9007
08200-9007A | Acura All-Wheel Drive Fluid (DPSF) - Bernardi Parts

That is what goes into your SH-AWD differential.. Do not let them fill it with DW-1!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts