Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many posts saying that we cannot transfer music downloaded to the HDD back out to any other device. Most of these posts are older, before 2011! Has there been any new technology that will allow me to get music out of the HDD?
I have many old CD's that were uploaded into my 2011 MDX and the CD's were stolen.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Maybe someone else has a good answer, but if not you can try this: Remove the audio head from the vehicle and attach the hard drive to a PC as an external drive. Then try to move the files to the PC. If the Acura HDD uses a standard file format it should work.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have read many posts saying that we cannot transfer music downloaded to the HDD back out to any other device. Most of these posts are older, before 2011! Has there been any new technology that will allow me to get music out of the HDD?
I have many old CD's that were uploaded into my 2011 MDX and the CD's were stolen.
AFAIK, there is no official way to transfer from the factory HDD (due to obvious reasons).

And even if there was a way, it probably requires removing the unit and clawing out the HDD itself in order to connect it to a computer, if you can, and figure out if you can get the music out.

IMHO, it's totally not worth the effort even in case your music from HDD is lost forever if you don't get it out of it.

However in our days, you can easily find almost anything you need on the internet. You owned the CDs anyway, so if you download the files "illegaly", morally you are not doing anything wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts