Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this Acura MDX 2003. It drove fine for awhile and then it started missing out so I pulled the head and it had a burnt valve in 2 cylinder. So I did an engine overhaul it had sort of high mileage so I did main bearings, Rod connector bearings, rings and completely redid the top end new cams new valves New keepers send the heads to the machine shop when I got it put back together It i started going the D 5 light started flashing and it would go high in RPMs before switching gears so i replaced all trans fluid and gear oil. no help I hooked it up to scanner and it says number 4 pressure switch circuit high so I replace the pressure switch i replaced all the pressure switches, still says circuit high. I check for voltage at the connector and I get voltage so now I'm lost need help.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Sounds like you did everything right. The only thing I can think of...
1) Did you use Honda transmission fluid?
2) Are you 100.000% sure that the fluid level is right? Supposed to be checked with tranny fully warm, engine off, within 30 (IIRC) seconds.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Oh, what did the fluid look like when you drained it? I suppose it could be a really dirty, clogged (sadly, internal) transmission filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts