Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I would not use Aftermarket ATF just because..
Unless you know what your doing odds are you should stick to OEM.

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
656 Posts
I have been using AMSOIL since my car is new. I have a 2008 MDX and use AMSOIL ATF full synthetic at the transmission and rear differential. For the transfer, I use AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-90 which is also full synthetic. For the engine, I use AMSOIL 5W-20 Signature full synthetic also. My MDX is 120K miles now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using AMSOIL since my car is new. I have a 2008 MDX and use AMSOIL ATF full synthetic at the transmission and rear differential. For the transfer, I use AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-90 which is also full synthetic. For the engine, I use AMSOIL 5W-20 Signature full synthetic also. My MDX is 120K miles now.
How is it been working so far as for 2021 I got a 2010 mdx looking for good tranny and transfer case oil I already use Amsoil 5w20 for oil

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
656 Posts
How is it been working so far as for 2021 I got a 2010 mdx looking for good tranny and transfer case oil I already use Amsoil 5w20 for oil
My MDX is now 165K miles and performing perfectly. I still do oil analysis with every oil change and the wear metals are still in single digit ppm with changes every year, between 7K to 10K miles per year now that we didn’t drive as much with Covid around. The only fluid that recently changed that is not AMSOIL is the rear diff. I decided to go with Acura DPSF. Everything else is AMSOIL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.