Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
I'd be pissed that I am out of my car for so long. I know they did not give you a loaner MDX...

If I were you, on the 10th day the vehicle is out of service file for lemon law. Worst comes to worse, you will protect yourself against future problems down the road and that way you *know* they will get you on the road as soon as possible.

Just a curiosity, what dealer do you use for service?

· Registered
144 Posts
I'm glad it will only take a day or two to get done.. I leased as well and would most likely feel the same way.

Also, I agree with Tim on the dealers not being able to just change parts for the hell of it. I'm sure that Acura keeps computer records of all warranty claims and would wonder why certain dealers are always replacing parts that no other dealers change, etc. Expensive repairs would have to have some sort of check and balance, like the factory reps that have looked at some of our cars on this forum in the past.

Again, if all Acura dealers united this wouldn't work, but I doubt that kind of collusion between dealers exists, right Tim?

· Registered
144 Posts
I expect the dealer to replace or fix if it is not allowing the car to go forward or reverse or shift gears correctly. (not slipping) an unusual loud noise would normally be a sign of a failing tranny. I guess in this cae it isn't so I wouldn't expect the dealer to replace. However, if enough people gripe about it maybe there is a "fix" or TSB that Acura could do to fix it. I haven't noticed it in my 2002...

As far as unneccessary tranny replacements if you read on this site the procedure a dealer must go through to replace a tranny, you'd realize the dealer would eat the cost of the tranny for returning a perfectly good tranny to Acura and the dealer is NOT ALLOWED to open up the tranny or attempt repair they can only swap it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.